India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Happy Children's Day, and suchlike

I find the concept of having days for things rather silly. So today is Children's Day. What on earth does that mean, I ask no one in particular. A gruff voice from the neighbouring flat replies:

"Children's Day means I treat my children well today. I don't beat them up, or take my frustrations out on them. Instead, I beat up my wife."

"So what do you do on Women's Day?" I ask.

"I don't beat up my woman that day," the reply comes. "I buy her a greeting card, and have sex with her, but finish well before she comes, because we can't afford to spoil them, you see."

"And what about Father's Day?" I ask.

"I call him up and wish him," he says. "He asks why I haven't called for six months. What does he expect, the old man? After all, I'm so busy with my wife and kids."

Well, whatever. If there is a child anywhere in you, Happy Children's Day. And don't let the adult in you get out. They spoil the world, they do.
amit varma, 11:33 PM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: