India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Shilpa Shetty's wisdom and modesty

Shilpa Shetty's part of Celebrity Big Brother in the UK, as many readers have written in to inform me, and a little research reveals that she's on top of her form. Let us begin by considering a sample of the wisdom she is spreading. When a couple of her fellow participants on the show could not pick up on the Yoga she was trying to teach them, she said:
You're not breathing right. We're so occupied with life and the stuff we have to do that we don't breathe.
So the next time you have a fainting fit, it's because you were preoccupied with stuff and forgot to breathe.

And now, let us move on to her modesty. Watch this delightful clip below, which served as her introduction to the show:



Some joyful excerpts of things she has to say:

"I honestly, truly feel that I am special."

"I'm very synonymous with glamour."

"Being a celebrity is really tough."

"I thought it would be incredible for a Bollywood actor to go there and showcase not just Bollywood but also Indian culture."

"I don't put 100% into everything I do. I put 200%."

"I just want every Indian to be extremely proud that I'm in here."

What to say now? Words fail me.

(Channel 4 links via Sonia.)
amit varma, 11:19 AM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: