India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Dildo is my birthright...

... and I shall have it.

Well, actually, no, I'm not into sex toys, though I can't promise what the future may, um, hold. But I am a fan of freedom, and I find it bizarre that the state should want to interfere if consenting adults sell sex toys to other consenting adults. This mai-baap business goes way too far sometimes.

PS. Actually, it's not just sex toys, it's everything. If two adult parties wish to make a trade that does not infringe on anyone's rights, no one should have the right to interfere. That's exactly -- and only -- what free markets mean. And yet, there is no country in the world with completely free markets. (No, the US does not qualify, it has enough monstrous tariffs and subsidies.)

I view trampling on economic freedom as morally wrong for two reasons: one, it infringes upon the freedom of all the buyers and sellers who are unable to trade as they wish; two, it hinders the growth and distribution of wealth that free markets enable, causing, in poorer countries, a perpetuation of poverty and the loss of life.

It's not just about dildos.

Update: Ken Falco wonders why I didn't mention Fleshlights. (NSFW and somewhat ew.) It's because I didn't know about them, dude. I suppose I've had a protected childhood. And, um, adulthood!
amit varma, 4:23 AM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: