India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Santa, Banta and the sleaze committee

Banta Singh and Santa Singh are sitting in a room watching video tapes of music videos. Suddenly, in the middle of a song, Banta reaches for the remote and pauses the action.

Santa: What happened, Banta, why have you paused the action?

Banta: I can see Rakhi Sawant's hip?

Santa: [Looks around frantically] Where, where, where's the hip?

Banta: On TV, dumbass. See that hip. Where's the zoom button.

Santa: Zoom.

Banta: Ah, here it is, I am zooming in now. [Zooms in to Rakhi Sawant's hip.]

Santa: Zoom, zoom, zoom.

Banta: Now, where is my measuring tape? Ah, here it is. [Takes out measuring tape from his pajamas, where he had kept it.]

Santa: Zoom zoom. Jhoom jhoom. Zoom jhoom.

Banta: Now let me measure. [Goes to TV screen and starts measuring Rakhi Sawant's hip.]

Santa: Zoom zoom. Get out of the way, what are you doing? I am very lonely.

Banta: I am measuring her hip. If more than two inches of it are visible, I shall make every TV channel that shows this video apologise. Yes, yes, all the rich multinational TV channels will apologise to me. Yes, yes.

Santa: But why should they apologise to you?

Banta: Ha ha. Because I am part of the sleaze determination committee set up to monitor violations of the Programme Code prescribed under the Cable TV Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995. Haven't you read this?

Santa: No. And I can't read hyperlinks in spoken dialogue. Blog it or something. And can you move away from the screen please? I'm lonely.

Banta: Ha ha ha. They must apologise. Ha ha.
amit varma, 2:50 PM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: