India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

The way cheesecake melts

I'm suddenly feeling a little less bad about my, ahem, belly. DirtyTalkingGirl writes:
Board-flat male bellies, six-packs, washboard abs are all the rage these days, but what does a flat belly tell a woman about a man? In my experience, it says: here’s a man whose play is all workouts, who pays more attention to his own body than to mine, and who might even follow a critical survey of my own little pillow of tummy fat with the advice to "try the ab-cruncher."

No, thank you.

A rounded belly speaks of a man of moderation in his appetites, who enjoys work and play in salutary balance and who is not averse to a little self-indulgence either at board or in bed. He’ll let a single malt pool on his tongue and savour the way cheesecake melts from crumbly to creamy in the heat of his mouth. A big man can dally with a woman for hours without ever having to check his watch to see if it's time to hit the gym. He knows what constitutes a satisfying workout.
Immensely meritorious. I discovered this blog via K, by and by, whose name is often dropped by people who send me SMSs.

"Late for the meeting," I inform a friend. "K," comes the response. "Be late to work," I message a colleague. "K," he replies. Everybody knows K.

I wonder if K gets messages from people who just write, "Amit."
amit varma, 12:16 AM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: