India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Kiddo at the gym

You're in a gym. A three-year-old tot is at the benchpress machine. A 44-year-old muscular grizzled veteran of the gym goes up to him.

Veteran: Hey, kiddo, what're you doing here? Go home and have some Complan.

Kiddo: I'm reading a book. [Pause.] Dude, uncle, can't you see, I'm doing weight training.

Veteran: Hey, kiddo, you're too young for this stuff, leave them weights alone. Go home and drink some Bournvita.

Kiddo: Dude, uncle, I can't do that, I need to work out, it's a hard, hard world out there. Only the tough survive.

Veteran: Hey, kiddo, you're kidding me, right? What's tough about your life? It should be tension-free. Go home and drink some Maltova.

Kiddo: Dude, uncle, what's tough about my life is that I go to school soon.

Veteran: Hey, kiddo, so what's so hard about that? Go home and drink some Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate.

Kiddo: Dude, uncle, what's tough about school is... this!

Veteran: [Reading the piece] Hey, kiddo, that's really tough, I see what you mean. Finish your workout, then go home and drink a protein shake. Good on ya, kid.
amit varma, 6:58 PM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: