India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Don't abuse your boss

The Supreme Court has just ruled that "using filthy language against a superior without any provocation" is valid grounds for dismissal. What constitutes "provocation" is, of course, always subjective: for example, my boss often compares me to Shoaib Akhtar, a gentleman with whom I have nothing in common whatsoever. (And no, I don't chuck, so that's not a valid explanation.) Now, that is certainly a provocation, the way I see it. And I came close to losing it one day and screaming at him, "you Javed Miandad!"

But I didn't. And now I can't.
amit varma, 11:34 PM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: