India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

An existential crisis

I fancy if I was a bank robber, something like this would happen to me:
A gang of Romanian robbers broke into a bank's headquarters in a daring overnight raid – only to find it empty. [...] [T]hey did not know that the bank was relocating to new premises and the building was empty.

[...]

A police spokesman said: "... They couldn't find anything to steal, not even some heating pipes they tried to remove from the walls."
I hate to treat this matter as trivial, but the robbers in question can surely comfort themselves with the thought that they didn't get shot because the cops thought their shoe was a gun.
amit varma, 5:27 PM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: