India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Ganguly guides India to narrow win

Reader Devranjan Chatterjee points me to a piece with this startling headline.

Then I discover that it's talking about Surya Shekhar Ganguly and the World Chess Olympiad. There was a time when we'd see this in an entirely different context, of course.

I'm quite a fan of the Dravid-Chappell combo, by the way, but Chappell's uber-confrontational approach was always likely to work against him in the long run. As I'd written in an op-ed in March, "the illwill it generates will be used to hurt him and Rahul Dravid, the captain, when the side goes through a rough patch, as all sides inevitably do." Well, India's just lost the one-day series against West Indies, and I'm sure knives are being sharpened. It didn't have to be like this.

By and by, for an audio discussion between me and my Cricinfo colleague S Rajesh about the fourth ODI, click here.
amit varma, 6:25 PM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: