India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The renaming of the Milky Way

I got up in the morning, stretched my arms, and my legs, and my teeth (yawning, it's called), and said to my marital companion, "You know, if India conquered the world, the Milky Way would be renamed Mahi Ve."

"Yes," she said. "And if Maharashtra conquered the world, it would be called Chhatrapati Shivaji Doodh Ki Dhaara."

(Apologies to foreign-language speakers for this desi PJ. A translation wouldn't capture the flavour of it, so I won't go that way. Sorry.)
amit varma, 11:47 AM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: