India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Wow, Manmohan wished me!

Top headline on the Hindu website today: "President, PM greet people on Christmas". How on earth is this remotely newsworthy? What will they come up with next?

Hmm, let's see. Today is Atal Behari Vajpayee's 80th birthday anniversary, so what about "Vajpayee cuts birthday cake"? Or, to shift to non-political celebrities, "Bollywood couple issue pre-emptive denial of soon-to-be-alleged relationship"? But I shouldn't complain, I guess, or I might be presented a newsworthy headline like "Avnish Bajaj arrested in Shankaracharya case". Better boring than downright depressing.

Now that I've got that off my chest, Merry Christmas. I turn 31 tomorrow, btw. It isn't easy.

Update – Rediff reports: "Vajpayee turns 80".

Update 2 (July 25, 2005): I'd mistakenly written "Adi Shankaracharya" in this post instead of "Shankaracharya". A reader pointed this out now, thus the late change. The mistake is regretted.
amit varma, 10:06 AM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: