India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A simple, legal deposit

Obese Doofus walks into a bank and goes into Fat Manager's cabin.

Obese Doofus: Good morning Mr Manager, I'm Obese Doofus. I'd like to open an account in your bank. As you can see from my diamond necklace, I am rich. I am also metrosexual.

Fat Manager: Welcome Mr Doofus, please call me Fat. So tell me, what is your starting deposit?

OD: Thanks, Fat. I want to deposit 3,500 MP3 files.

FM: Excellent, excellent... er, 3,500 what, Mr Doofus?

OD: MP3 files, Fat, 3,500 MP3 files.

FM: Er, what kind of MP3 files, Mr Doofus? Is that a currency?

OD: No, Fat, it's a music format, like Wav, only compressed. I have converted my music collection and would like to store my MP3 files in your bank.

FM: Er, Mr Doofus, if you don't mind, I have a suggestion. [Long pause.] Why don't you store your MP3 files in an iPod?

OD: Sigh. Fat, the reason is simple: I have an iPod, but I use it for other kinds of storage. I store things in my iPod that I can't keep in your bank. And so I want to deposit my MP3s here. Comprendre, or should I be obnoxious and call your boss and get you sacked?

What am I talking about, you wonder, dear reader? Here you go.

Update: While on MP3s...
amit varma, 8:25 AM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: