India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's like, so 20th century

I'm in a remote location where mobile phones don't work and one is cut off from the online world. Much charm resides, but it is also disconcerting: I'm so used to being continuously online that I feel like a part of me -- some extended part of me -- is missing. However, cricket and the mad banter of sometimes-drunk friends compensates, and I'm happy for the moment in the here and now.

I will be back in Mumbai on Thursday afternoon, and may not be able to blog again until then. (I am posting these words from a dhaba, where a signal duly comes.) Worry not, I am ok, even if my second circulatory system is blocked for now. And I'll be back!
amit varma, 1:21 PM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: