India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Rigor mortis online

This post, oddly, had vanished from my Blog when I opened it today (Feb 5). I've taken it back off my Bloglines and am reposting it with the time of my originally posting it. Frustracity grows.

Yesterday I wanted to put up a rather long post, the transcript of a very interesting chat I'd had with one of Pakistan's most noted economists. I spent a couple of hours on it, then other work came up. Today I arrived in Peshawar, decided to postpone that earlier post, and instead prepared a post about my day today in Peshawar, with pictures. But for the last four hours, I've been unable to upload the pictures, partly because my dial-up connection here is so slow that it takes me half an hour to sign in to Blogger, and partly because I find now that the picture-upload facility is down for the moment. It doesn't make sense for me to spend half a day trying unsuccessfully to blog, especially when there is so much to be seen and done, so I'll give up for now and try again later.

And the backlog of things to be written -- bloggacious and otherwise -- piles up like runs in Faisalabad. Frustracity comes.
amit varma, 9:10 PM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: