India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Moving music

In the hotel where I have been staying, and which I am checking out of soon to move to a guesthouse, there is just one place where music plays: the lift. So as I wait for the lift, I hear music getting sometimes louder, sometimes softer, and can make out from the sound how far it is from me. It's fine music, by and by: the Goo Goo Dolls and David Bowie and Coldplay and so on. But one can't keep going up and down in the lift, and one has to, at some point, say goodbye to the music. The lift moves away, and the music grows softer and softer, and then there is silence.
amit varma, 9:34 AM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: