India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Announcing PublicGyan

A couple of posts back, I'd mentioned prediction markets and James Surowiecki's "The Wisdom of Crowds". Well, inspired by the book, and by the success of prediction markets such as the University of Iowa’s Electronic Markets, Nitin Pai, one of the Indian bloggers I respect most, has started a site called PublicGyan. I've been privileged to be one of the early testers, and I like what I've seen so far. Read more about it in Nitin's own words here. And watch that space.

Update (September 28): I should have mentioned that the man behind the technology that runs PublicGyan is a friend of Nitin's called Srijith, and he deserves much of the credit for getting the site up and running so well.
amit varma, 11:11 PM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: