India Uncut

This blog has moved to its own domain. Please visit IndiaUncut.com for the all-new India Uncut and bookmark it. The new site has much more content and some new sections, and you can read about them here and here. You can subscribe to full RSS feeds of all the sections from here. This blogspot site will no longer be updated, except in case of emergencies, if the main site suffers a prolonged outage. Thanks - Amit.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Justice to the glam bod

Urmila Matondkar recounts how she once met Shobha De, who told her that she had seen Satya, and was upset with Urmila. Urmila says:
As I stared at her blank, she explained, 'Urmila, why do you do such roles?' As if the first remark wasn't enough, this added to my anxiety. She continued, 'Anybody could have worn a cotton sari and played the role. But not everybody can do a Rangeela or a Daud. You are made for bigger and better stuff. The role of Vidya doesn't do justice to the glam bod that you are. There is no one in 15 yards of your distance to match your sex-appeal! Don't let that fade away, woman!' I remember her telling this to me. Most heroines would have taken offense at that but I realized the point Shobha was trying to make. [Sics here and there.]

Um, what about beyond 15 yards? Ok, never mind.
amit varma, 11:18 AM| write to me | permalink | homepage

I recommend: